PRALINE KUGEL- PERFECT FOR YOM TOV
PRALINE KUGEL- MMMMMMMMM!
A long, long time ago, we came across this recipe on EPICURIOUS.COM We made it. We loved it. In fact, every one of our guests loved it, too. Even of the fussiest of the kids loved it!
We have not run this recipe for a very long time, and newer readers might find it inspiring!!
* 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) salted butter or margarine
* 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
* 1 cup pecans, halved
* 1 pound wide noodles
* 4 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 2 teaspoons salt
1. Melt half the butter in a 12-cup mold or tube pan. Swirl it around the bottom and up the sides.
2. Press the brown sugar into the bottom and press the pecans into the sugar.
3. Boil the noodles according to the package directions and then drain. Mix with the eggs, the remaining butter, melted, cinnamon, sugar, and salt and pour into the mold.
4. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the top is brown. Let sit for 15 minutes before unmolding. The top will become slightly hard like a praline. Serve cold or at room temperature.