FROM THE MR. FOOD TEST KITCHEN
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound total)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and brown 5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet, and sauté over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Return chicken to skillet and add rice, chicken broth, tomatoes, thyme, red pepper, salt, and black pepper; stir until well combined. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken.
- Turn off heat, cover skillet, and let sit 5 minutes. Fluff rice; serve.