FROM MR FOOD TEST KITCHEN
This recipe is dairy, but it can be made pareve, too
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or pareve margarine
- 4 cups large-diced potatoes (about 2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 3 cups milk or pareve milk substitute
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup potato flakes
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, brown the onion in the butter. Add the potatoes, carrot, water, salt, pepper and dillweed.
- Cook on low until potatoes are creamy, about 45 minutes. Stir in the milk and parsley and continue cooking until mixture is heated through. Stir in the potato flakes.
- If you’d like, add frozen peas or broccoli at the milk stage.