Boiling salt water
1 tsp olive oil
1 pkg (1 lb) farfalle (bow tie pasta)
2 Tbsp butter, divided use
3 dinner-size skinless salmon fillets
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup water
Zest of 1 lemon
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp white wine
10 oz pkg green peas (about 1½ cups, fresh or frozen)
1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 Tbsp cold water
1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
1. Heat a large pot of salted boiling water. Add olive oil and cook farfalle until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and mix in 1 tablespoon butter.
2. Meanwhile, rinse salmon and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. In a saucepan that has a cover, place water, salmon, lemon zest, lemon juice, and white wine. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, cover, and steam for 10 minutes.
3. Add peas and let steam for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove salmon from sauce with a slotted spatula and set aside. Lower the heat slightly.
4. Add dissolved cornstarch to saucepan and stir until sauce begins to thicken. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter. Add to pasta and mix.
5. Gently flake the salmon fillets into small chunks and add to pasta as well. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
NOTE: You can replace the butter with margarine or olive oil to keep this dish pareve.