One of our favorite Pesach web sites is www.kosher4passover.com This recipe comes from that web page:
PINEAPPLE FARFEL SURPRISE (PASSOVER)
Source: Adapted from unknown source for Passover Food Sale, Congregation Agudat Achim 1980
* 6 cups matzo farfel (1 box = 6 cups)
* 8 eggs, beaten
* 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 2 sticks margarine (1/2 stick for pan, balance in recipe)
* 16 oz. can crushed pineapple, including juice
* 1 bag (12 oz. or 16 oz.) mixed dried fruit, minced (optional)
* 2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 9 X 13 deep pan, greased with 1/2 stick margarine
1. Pour hot water over farfel, and drain immediately.
2. Beat eggs, vanilla, 11/2 sticks of margarine (melted), pineapple, dried fruit if desired, and cinnamon.
3. Add matzo farfel and mix well.
4. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake in a 350o F. oven for 45 to 60 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow to set for a few minutes before cutting.
LOW FAT SUSTITUTIONS:
To reduce the fat and cholesterol, substitute the following:
1. Egg Substitute for the eggs
2. Spray the pan with vegetable spray instead of melted margarine.
3. Use 1/2 stick of margarine in the recipe instead of two sticks and 1 cup of apple juice.